May 27, 2021: First regular project meeting
Three months after the official project kick-off, the first (regular) project meeting of “Questioning Sequences in Coaching” took place on May 27, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The most important points on the agenda were:
Team Klagenfurt: project website, team photos, designing a logo, creating a plan to promote the project (locally, nationally, internationally), acquisition of coaches (recording the first two coaching sessions), preparing the quarterly report.
Team Mannheim: creating a concept for the exchange of data and administration (IDS Cloud & Server), IDS Website regarding the project, promotion, starting with the transcriptions.
Team Zurich: finalization of the coaching questionnaires (GAS), acquisition and first interviews with (participating) coaches.
Team Linguistics: training in transcribing data with the help of FOLKER, first conceptualization of questioning sequences in coaching, development of a collection of data/questions, data sessions.
The board of experts will (according to their own wishes, expectations, and resources) be involved in the project and certain tasks. It functions as important sounding board regarding the methodical approach, analyses, evaluation of outcomes, etc.
Prof. Dr. Arnulf Deppermann (Leibniz Institute for the German Language in Mannheim)
Prof. Dr. Eva Eckkrammer (University of Mannheim)
Prof. Dr. Peter Muntigl (Ghent University)
Prof. Dr. Claudio Scarvaglieri (Ghent University)
Prof. Dr. Anja Stukenbrock (University of Heidelberg)
Prof. Dr. Tatiana Bachkirova (Oxford Brooks University)
Prof. Dr. Elke Berninger-Schäfer (CAI Institute)
Prof. Dr. Johannes C. Ehrenthal (University of Cologne)
Prof. Dr. Christoph Flückiger (University of Zurich)
Prof. Dr. Carsten Schermuly (Berlin University of Applied Science)
Prof. Dr. Eva Traut-Mattausch (Paris-Lodrone-University of Salzburg)
- Launching the website and designing a logo
- Developing a (joint) strategy for promotion
- Making contact with coaching associations
- Preparing documents for promotion
- Contacting scientist, experts and coaches personally
- Systematic review papers regarding the state of the art of research (regarding questions in coaching or coaching process research) from the point of view of linguistics and psychology
- Creation of a glossary as a tool based on the outcomes of the cooperation / discussion of the project management (psychology and linguistics)
- Establishing a focus for planned theses
- Recording five to ten sessions in coaching and starting with the linguistic transcriptions
- Continuing to work on the development of a designed system of categories regarding questioning sequences in coaching
- Drafting first scientific papers
The next project meeting is expected to take place in August 2021 in Mannheim. It will be the first face-to-face meeting of the entire project team.